The article discusses the modern tools used in local conflicts and wars, which are largely based on war strategy, and tactics, military thought and art as well as experience accumulated in military-political and other related fields. These tools include support for revolutionary movements, the organization of coups, destabilization of the situation, waging coalition wars, proxy wars, hybrid and information wars, humanitarian interventions, cyberwars, no-fly zones. This set of tools is used selectively or is fully utilized, and tends to expand taking into account the technological innovations that have become firmly established in the life of mankind and allowing to qualitatively update the military arsenals of the world’s states. Today’s due to globalization local conflicts are rapidly gaining wide international resonance, leading to the involvement of third parties. The United States of America plays a special role in them. They are gradually losing ground in the world and do not want to put up with it. The article discusses the ways of conducting local wars and recent conflicts in relation to the countries of Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
local wars and conflicts, revolutions and coups, the revolutionary process, globalization, coalition war, hybrid war, cyberwar, information war, humanitarian intervention, no-fly zone, military involvement, USA, Russia, Middle East, Africa, Syria, Libya, Iraq
1. Coll Steve. Ghost Wars: The Secret History of the CIA, Afghanistan, and bin Laden, from the Soviet Invasion to September 10, 2011. NY: Penguin Press, 2004, 712 p.
2. Filippov V.R. Burkino-Faso: politicheskij krizis 2011 g. (Burkina Faso: the political crisis of 2011). Geopoliticheskij zhurnal (Geopolitical journal). 2014, № 2, pp. 48–66.
3. Filippov V.R. Mali: bitva za uran (Mali: the battle for uranium). NB: mezhdunarodnye otnosheniya (NB: international relations). 2013, № 2, pp. 1–48.
4. Frolov A. Jemen: marginal’naya vojna? (Yemen: marginal war?). Obozrevatel’ (Observer). 2017, № 12, pp. 31–43.
5. Frolov A. Liviya problemy i bremya tranzita (Libya problems and burden of transit). Mezhdunarodnaya zhizn’ (International life). 2018, № 11, pp. 115–137.
6. Frolov A. Turciya vs Arabskij mir: pragmatichnoe partnerstvo (Turkey vs The Arab World: A Pragmatic Partnership). Obozrevatel’ (Observer). 2018, № 5, pp. 76–93.
7. Fukuyama Fransis. Gorbachev and the Third World. Foreign Affairs. Spring 1986, Vol. 64, № 1.
8. Griffin Michael. The Unwelcome Guest. The Guardian, September 19, 2001. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2001/sep/19/afghanistan.september11 (accessed 02.10.2018)
9. Hadaya S. Vojna chuzhimi rukami» (War by others hands). Mezhdunarodnaya zhizn’ (International Life). 2013, № 9, pp. 43–55.
10. http://chtooznachaet.ru/gibridnaya-vojna.html (accessed 26.07.2018)
11. https://news.mail.ru/politics/34973584/?frommail=1 (accessed 24.06.2018)
12. Krauthammer Charles. The Reagan Doctrine. The Washington Post, 19 July, 1985.
13. Konflikty i vojny XXI veka. Blizhnij Vostok i Severnaya Afrika (Conflicts and wars of the XXI century. Middle East and North Africa). (ed. V. Naumkina). Moscow, Institut Vostokovedeniya RAN, 2015, 503 p.
14. Ladygin F., Afanas’ev S. Voenno-doktrinal’nyj bazis vneshnej politiki SSHA (The Military Doctrinal Basis of US Foreign Policy). Moscow, Kuchkovo pole, 2017.
15. Mitchell Linkol’n. Severnaya Afrika skvoz’ prizmu cvetnyh revolyucij (North Africa through the prism of color revolutions). INOSMI, 10.02.2011. https://inosmi.ru/africa/20110210/166405621.html (accessed 26.08.2018)
16. Nauchnyj kommunizm. Slovar’ (Scientific communism. Vocabulary). (ed. A. Rumyancev). Moscow, IPL, 1983.
17. Pechurov S. Koalicionnye vojny anglo-saksov. Istoriya i sovremennost’ (Coalition Wars of the Anglo-Saxons. History and modernity) Moscow, LKI, 2008, 252 p.
18. Ponomareva E., Rudov G. «Princip domino»: mirovaya politika na rubezhe vekov (“Domino principle”: world politics at the turn of the century) Moscow, Kanon+, 2016, 311 p.
19. Reagan Ronald W. Address before a Joint Session of the Congress on the State of the Union. Wash.: February 6, 1985. http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/?pid=38069 (accessed 30.08.2018)
20. Roosevelt Kermit Jr. Countercoup: The Struggle for the Control of Iran. NY, McGraw-Hill, 1979.
21. Rosenfeld Stephen S. The Guns of July. Foreign Affairs. Spring 1986, vol. 64, № 1.
22. Vojna i mir v terminah i opredeleniyah. Voenno-politicheskij slovar’ (War and peace in terms and definitions. Military-political dictionary) (ed. D. Rogozina) Moscow, Veche, 2011, 636 p.