The research is devoted to socio-linguistic, ethnic and cultural issues of the language investigations into one of the national languages of the Republic of Angola. Special attention is paid to the history of Kimbundu, its prevalence, influence on the Angolan Portuguese, literature and the musical culture of the country. The paper also focuses on the importance of maintaining interest in the language researches in Angola, Brazil and Russia. Summarising and analysing the accumulated material, the authors point out the contribution of the language studying practice to the solution of various tasks, scientific, cultural, humanitarian.
Kimbundu, Bantu languages, socio-linguistic aspects of language inquiries, ethnic and cultural identity of the nation
1. Hammarström H., Forkel R., Haspelmath M., eds. (2017). Kimbundu. Glottolog 3.0. Jena, Germany: Max Planck Institute for the Science of Human History.
2. Miller J. Kings and Kinsmen: Early Mbundu States in Angola. Oxford: Clarendon, 1976.
3. Vansina, Jan (2001). Portuguese vs Kimbundu: Language Use in the Colony of Angola (1575 – c. 1845). Bull. Séanc. Acad. R. Sci. Outre-Mer Mede. Zitt. K. Acad. (in English). 47. 269 p.
4. https://24.sapo.pt /piece of news/international / article / mais-de-sete-milhoes-de-angolanos-falam-linguas-nacionais_20523775.html (accessed 28.03.2016)
5. Yarushkin A.A. Portugalskiy yazyk v Angole. Dissertaciya na soiskanie uchenoy stepeni kandidata filologicheskih nauk, Leningradskiy gosudarstvennyy universitet imeni A.A. Zhdanova (Portugese in Angola. PhD Dissertation, Leningrad State University named after A.A. Zhdanov), Leningrad, 1984.
6. http://casadeluanda.blogspot.com/2008/03/dicionário-angolano-de-a-d.html (accessed 31.03.2008)