Alexandra Arkhangelskaya, Daria Turianitsa, Vasily Sidorov, Vladimir Shubin
This part of a joint article contains a survey of the sources regarding the history of cooperation between the Soviet Union and the national liberation movement in South Africa in the Russian central archives. The main ones are the Russian State Archive of Modern History, the State Archive of the Russian Federation, the Russian State Archive of Social and Political History, the Russian State Archive of the Economy and the Archive of Foreign Policy of the Russian Federation.
Soviet Union, African National Congress, archives, cooperation, military training.
1. Joint Declaration on the establishment of a Comprehensive Strategic Partnership between the Russian Federation and the Republic of South Africa. http://en.kremlin.ru/supplement/1428 (accessed 20.12.2020)
2. Constitution (fundamental law) of the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics https://www.departments.bucknell.edu/russian/const/77cons01.html#chap01 (accessed 20.12.2020)
3. RSAMH, collection 4, inventory 9, file 536, p.10.
4. Kolpakidi A. Vneshnyaya razvedka SSSR (Soviet Foreign Intelligence) (Moskva: Eksmo, 2009). https://itexts.net/avtor-aleksandr-ivanovich-kolpakidi/138272-vneshnyaya-razvedka-sssr-aleksandr-kolpakidi/read/page-39.html (accessed 21.12.2020)
5. New Bridge. Moscow, no 2, 1992.
6. Discussion with B. and S. Bunting, Cape Town, 20 May 1993.
7. RSAMH, collection 3, inventory 23, file 28, p. 150.
8. RSAMH, collection 4, inventory 16, file 847, p. 146.