Today, Africa occupies an important place in Germany’s foreign policy agenda. Africa is a resource-rich continent, and many African countries are rapidly developing economies. In this regard, Germany is actively seeking to increase economic relations with Africa. Special attention is paid to assisting African countries in solving the problems of poverty, in the development of production, as well as the fight against the coronavirus pandemic. The article is devoted to the economic direction of German-African policy at the present stage. The author attempts to give an overview of current trends in German-African relations.
Germany, Africa, economy, production, pandemic
1. A century after German rule, genocide compensation deal divides Namibia. France24. https://www.france24.com/en/tv-shows/revisited/20211112-a-century-after-german-rule-genocide-compensation-deal-divides-namibia (accessed 27.12.2021)
2. Abramova I.O. Africa in the modern model of the world order: a significant player or an outsider? Contours of global transformations: politics, economics, law (In Russ.). 2018 № 11 (5), рр. 6–21.
3. Annabelle Steffes-Halmer. Africa’s lost heritage and Europe’s restitution policies. https://p.dw.com/p/42lKw (accessed 05.05.2022)
4. Bavaria is counting on green hydrogen from South Africa (In Russ.). https://aussiedlerbote. de/2022/05/bavariya-rasschityvaet-na-zelenyj-vodorod-iz-yuzhnoj-afriki/ (accessed 29.05.2022)
5. Bloomberg: Nigerian companies are facing a crisis due to the events in Ukraine. (In Russ.). TASS. https://tass.ru/ekonomika/14568635 (accessed 10.12.2021)
6. «Compact with Africa» https://www.compactwithafrica.org/content/compactwithafrica/home. html (accessed 10.02.2022)
7. Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH. Alliance for Product Quality in Africa. https://www.giz.de/en/worldwide/82281.html (accessed 20.05.2022)