The article outlines Israel’s strategy on the African continent, characterizes the key goals and measures used for spreading Israeli influence in the region. Special emphasis is placed on analyzing the activities of the Israeli Agency for International Development Cooperation, which since its foundation shortly after the proclamation of the State of Israel has been the main handler of Israel’s soft power in Africa.
Israel, Jewish Diaspora in Africa, soft power, African policy, Agency for International Development Cooperation (MASHAV)
1. 60th Anniversary of the Agency for International Development Cooperation (in Hebrew). https://www.gov.il/he/Departments/general/mashav_mfa (accessed 11.07.2022)
2. Cameroon has his first 3D Printing Centre. Embassy of Israel in Cameroon. https://embassies.gov.il/ yaounde/NewsAndEvents/Pages/3D-Printing-Centre-.aspx (accessed 15.09.2022)
3. Development Co-operation Profiles – Israel. OECD. https://www.oecd-ilibrary.org/sites/46d66229-en/ index.html?itemId=/content/component/46d66229-en (accessed 15.09.2022)
4. Ethiopian National Project. https://www.enp.org.il/en/pages/About_ENP/ (accessed 15.09.2022)
5. FM Lapid: For too long, outside political pressure kept us at arm’s length. But today, Israel is back in Africa. That is not a slogan. It is a diplomatic, economic, and social reality. Ministry of Foreign Affairs. https://www.gov.il/en/Departments/news/fm-lapid-s-remarks-to-the-2022-africa-israel-conference-31-may-2022 (дата обращения 06.07.2022)
6. Hamdi Abdel-Rahman. “Israel and its Soft Power in Africa” (in Arabic). Aljazeera Center For Studies. 30 December 2009. https://studies.aljazeera.net/ar/reports/2009/201172210139875332.html (accessed 10.07.2022)