The article discusses the African Development Bank (Bank), the features of its activities and the experience of assessing inclusive economic growth (IEG) in the countries of North Africa. The author reveals the structure of the EDI index (developed and tested for the countries of North Africa by the Bank’s specialists), based on the use of generally recognized social and economic indicators. The author concludes that the use of various indicators and weighting factors in the index will allow development banks (DBs) to objectively assess the impact of their activities on the EDI in regions and countries. The EDI index will complement the existing system for evaluating the activities of the BR, and will allow them to use their resources more efficiently, plan and implement projects and programs, considering current goals.
African Development Bank, project, project cycle, inclusive economic growth, inclusive economic growth index, indicators and weights, North African countries
2. Abramova I., Fituni L. 2009. Competing for Africa’s natural resources. International Affairs: A Russian Journal of World Politics, Diplomacy and International Relations. 2009. Vol. 55, № 3, р. 47‒58.
3. Abramova I.O., Fituni L.L. 2017. The impact of structural and macroeconomic imbalances on the fundamental trends of socio-economic development in the Middle East and North Africa. Contours of global transformations: politics, economics, law. Vol. 10, № 2, рp. 13‒33.
4. African Development Bank Group in North Africa. Looking for inclusion. 2014. https://www.afdb.org/fileadmin/uploads/afdb/Documents/Publications/TheAfDB_Group_in_North_Africa_2014.pdf (accessed 15.01.2021)
5. African Development Bank Group. Annual report 2020. https://www.afdb.org/en /documents/ annual-report-2020 (accessed: 20.06.2021)
6. African development bank. North Africa Regional Overview. https://www.afdb.org/en/countries/ north-africa/north-africa-overview (accessed 22.01.2021)
7. Annual Development Effectiveness Review 2019. Integrating Africa, Connecting People. African Development Bank Group. https://www.afdb.org/fileadmin/uploads/afdb/Documents/Development_ Effectiveness_Review _2019/ ADER_2019__EN.pdf (accessed 20.05.2021)