The article discusses some aspects of the formation of a new post-crisis world order, emerging on the ruins of a short-lived unipolar world order, from two perspectives: (a) the future structure of the new world system and (b) the role of fundamentally new constructs of global governance in it, such as BRICS. The role of the latter’s relations with Africa in the formation of a new world order is considered at length. In theoretical terms, for the first time, the concept of a possible construction of two alternative versions of the world order has been put forward: one of a “single” world order with a number of “cores” coexisting inside it, the other of a world divided into two or more monocentric systems forced to somehow interact or isolate from each other.
post-crisis world order, world order, “multicore world order”, polycentricity, BRICS, Russia, Africa
1. Beijing Declaration of the XIV BRICS Summit. June 23, 2022 http://www.kremlin.ru/ supplement/5819 (In Russ.) (accessed 12.09.2022)
2. Berry M., Unterschied zwischen Multicore und Multiprozessor. 16 November 2022. https://strephonsays.com/difference-between-multicore-and-multiprocessor (accessed 19.11.2022)
3. Brazil as a Security Actor in Africa: Reckoning and Challenges Ahead. https://www.giga-hamburg.de/en/publications/giga-focus/brazil-as-a-security-actor-in-africa-reckoning-and-challenges-ahead (accessed 21.11.2022)
4. Esterhuyse A. South Africa’s foreign policy: new paper sets the scene, but falls short on specifics. https://theconversation.com/south-africas-foreign-policy-new-paper-sets-the-scene-but-falls-short-on-specifics-188253 (accessed 16.11.2022)
5. Fituni L.L. Predictive analysis of the role of demographic dividend in overcoming structural imbalances of socio-economic development of Africa (2015-2060) (In Russian). Journal of the Institute for African Studies. 2017. № 2 (39), pp. 3‒15
6. Fituni L.L. African economy: challenges of post-crisis development. Article 1. (In Russ.). Asia and Africa today. 2010. № 8 (637), pp. 46‒54.
7. India Seeks to Strengthen its Long standing Ties with Africa https://www.iisd.org/articles/news/ india-strengthen-ties-africa (accessed 21.11.2022)