The article talks about the preconditions, the first steps and the formation of Russian-Ethiopian relations. It considers the driving causes for the rapprochement between Russia and Ethiopia. The nature, main directions of cooperation and specific features of these relations in different periods of history are analyzed in it. The article also reveals the role of individuals who left the most noticeable mark in Russian-Ethiopian relations.
Russia, Abyssinia, Ethiopia, diplomatic relations
1. Khrenkov A.V. Russia and Ethiopia: the History of Relations from Peter I to Nicolas II. Moscow. 2022. (in Russian).
2. Ch. Jesman. Russians in Ethiopia (or essay in futility). London, Chatto and Windus, 1958.
3. Cheslaw Jesman. The early Russian contacts with Ethiopia: 3d International Conference of Ethiopians studies. Addis Ababa, 1966.
4. Chris Prouty. Empress Taytu and Menelik II. Ethiopia. 1883‒1910. Trenton: The Red Sea Press. 1986.
5. Russia and Black Africa before World War II. Ed.T. Wilson. Holmes & Meier Publishers, New York&London, 1979.
6. Foreign Policy Archive of the Russian Empire (AVPRI), f. Snoshenia Rossii s Turtsiey, inv. 89/I, file 4.
7. Foreign Policy Archive of the Russian Empire (AVPRI), f. Politarkhiv, files: 138, 1999, 2003, 2005, 2008, 2009; 2012, 2030/I, 2053;