The article analyses the results of the Second Summit and the Russia-Africa Economic and Humanitarian Forum, held on July 27-28, 2023 in St. Petersburg and its connection and influence on the course and decisions of the XV BRICS Summit, which was held on August 22-24, in Johannesburg (South Africa). The author focuses on the analysis of discussions on three innovative areas of Russian-African interaction that are not entirely expected and practically not addressed in scientific publications: issues of cooperation and exchange of experience between Russia and African countries in the field of combating money laundering and the financing of terrorism; combating anti-competitive practices, suppressing anti-competitive activities of cross-border cartels; external audit as a field of cooperation.
Second Summit and Economic and Humanitarian Forum Russia – Africa; XV BRICS Summit, financial security, anti-competitive practices, external audit
1. 55 African countries participated in BRICS summit. https://ria.ru/20230824/briks-1892059679. html (accessed 28.08.2023)
2. Abramova I.O., Fituni L.L. The African segment of the multipolar world: dynamics of geostrategic significancy. World economy and international relations. 2018, vol. 62, № 12, р. 5‒14.
3. Africa: Colonizers’ Unpaid Debt (ed. by I. Abramova) Moscow, Institute for African Studies of the RAS, 2023. 112 p.; Afrique: la dette impayée des colonisateurs (еd. by I. Abramova) Moscow, Institute for African Studies of the RAS, 2023. 112 p.
4. Combating Anticompetitive Practices of Large Transnational Corporations, Suppressing Cross-border Cartels and International Cooperation. Broadcast. https://summitafrica.ru/programme/business-programme/ (accessed 29.08. 2023)
5. Fituni L.L. Restructuring the World Order: BRICS and Africa at the Time of Change, or “Multicore” against “Polycentric”. Journal of the Institute for African Studies. 2022. № 4 (61). Pp. 17–27.
6. Fituni L.L. Russian-African cooperation in the scientific and technical sphere: strategic and operational approaches. Asia and Africa today. 2021, № 5, р. 33‒43.
7. Government in a Changing Environment: What is the Future of External Audit? 27.07.2023. 16:00–17:30. Broadcast. https://summitafrica.ru/programme/business-programme/ (accessed 27.08. 2023)