The article analyzes characteristics of terrorists, in particular how they exploit vulnerabilities in Uganda’s security systems. It emphasizes the importance of understanding the risks posed by terrorist, of detecting and analyzing suspicious and dangerous behaviors and reflects on the methods of tackling terrorism. Special attention on what should be closely monitored and managed in terms of features of security in the practice of financial monitoring in the field of AML / CFT.
Politics, Religion, Characteristics, Analysis, Tackling, Terrorism, Security
1. What Makes Terrorism Tick in Africa? Evidence from Al-Shabaab and Boko Haram (accessed 15.11.2018)
2. Terrorism Max Roser, https://ourworldindata.org/terrorism/ (accessed 27.11.2018)
3. Rosand E., Millar A., and Ipe J., Enhancing Counter-terrorism in Eastern Africa, African Security Review 2007, vol 18, N 2. (accessed 29.11.2018)
4. Global Terrorism Research Centre and Monash European and EU Centre Monash University, https://www.researchgate.net/publication/267265383_Terrorism_and_Counter_terrorism_in_East_Africa/ (accessed 30.11.2018)
5. Kimani M., Tackling piracy off African shores: More regional cooperation needed for peace and security, Africa Renewal 2009, vol. 22, № 4, p 3, (accessed 02.12.2018)
6. United States Department of State Open Government Plan, https://www.state.gov/documents/ organization/272488.pdf (accessed 06.12.2018)